Loan Against Jewellery
Get an Estimate Now
Email us at email@example.com or call us on 020 8520 0293
We lend on various carats of gold, platinum and diamond and gemstone set jewellery.
Determining the Value
- The value of a piece is determined by the materials used, such as gold or platinum; and also the quality of those materials i.e. 9ct or 18ct gold.
- We evaluate diamonds using the 4 Cs – Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat weight. This system was devised by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and is universally accepted as the most accurate way of assessing a diamond.
- Prices are established via the Rapaport List. This was established in 1978 and is the diamond industry’s primary source for pricing, ensuring an even and fair price is offered.
- Coloured gemstones are evaluated based on their colour, hue, saturation & cut.
- We consider the designer such as Cartier, Tiffany, Boodles, van Cleef and Arpels etc.
Getting the item to us
- If bringing an item into one of our London or Essex stores isn’t ideal, we do offer an online solution to ensure Fish Brothers can help you get the cash you need.
- From a quick phone call on 020 8520 0293 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org we can provide specially designed packaging in order to allow you to safely and securely post your timepiece to us. We will also provide a Royal Mail Special delivery label or packet which ensures delivery back to us for the next working day. You will need to take the parcel to the Post Office, where you’ll be given a receipt and a unique tracking number – it is very important that this receipt is kept safe. This service is insured for items worth up to £100,000.
- Alternatively, if your items are likely to total more than £5000, we can provide a same day courier who will collect the items from you and safely deliver them to our secure office that very same day. This service is also insured for up to £100,000.
- For exceptionally large collections, we are more than happy to carry out a home valuation for you. Should you wish to proceed with our in-house valuers, we will safely transport your items to our office once the loan has been agreed. This service is insured for up to £500,000.
When the items are on their way
- At Fish Brothers we offer a “door to door” policy. This means that from the moment the items leave your door and are with our trusted couriers, until they reach us (and throughout the duration they are in our possession) they are fully insured for up to £100,000.
- You will be notified the moment your items arrive. The unpacking of your items, as well as appraisals is all recorded in High Definition video and this can be provided upon request.
When it is with us
- After all items are appraised, we carefully package each individual piece and place it within our secure storage facility – the “strong room”.
- Our strong room is monitored 24/7 with high-definition, real-time CCTV; which is monitored at an off-site location. It is only accessible via a state-of-the-art steel door and pin code with additional key lock; of which very limited team members have access. Within our strong room we house a number of impressive safes which are the pinnacle of safes; “Bankers Grade”; and can only be accessed during limited hours of the day.
Why you should choose to loan your jewellery with us
- We provide a professional, friendly and fair service
- We have 185 years’ experience within the pawnbroking trade
- We abide by all FCA regulations, and follow the Safe Sellers guidelines
- We are also members of the National Association of Pawnbrokers
- We ensure discretion at all times
- We ensure a reliable and secure transportation and security of your items
Monthly Interest Rates for Jewellery
Our rates vary depending on how much you would like to borrow. Interest is charged on a daily basis. Check our Rate Calculator here.